Daily Dose 5.6.23
One of my closest friends Ashley and I decided to be spontaneous and jet off to Boston for a long weekend. Let me tell you, it was my second time visiting Beantown and it may just be my new fave girls’ trip destination. The weather was pretty similar to the crap we get in Detroit, so packing was a breeze…except the stupid weatherman was totally off and ended up being hotter than Hades one of the days. Cue a quick stop at Primark for some summer threads. Have you guys been to this store? I’m obsessed!
Let’s talk about the real reason we were in Boston: to drink our way through the city. From the Sam Adams Taproom to Democracy Brewing and even America’s oldest tavern, Bell in Hand Tavern – we were living our best lives. Can you sense the freedom theme? ‘Cause we certainly did. We had an absolute blast and can’t wait to go back for round two. Until then, cheers to Boston and Primark, our new favorite things!
Roll the Credits,
Prime Cuts of the Week
• We consumed several ibuprofen on our weekend in Boston. (Pocket)
• Ah, the sweet sound of Halestorm to awaken one’s senses in the morning! I don’t know about you, but I can’t resist the urge to air the guitar like a madman as soon as those riffs start blasting out of the speakers. And let me tell you, there’s nothing quite like a good headbang to shake off those morning cobwebs and get the blood pumping. It’s like a shot of espresso for your mood! (Time)
• As a blogger and content creator, I still work on creating a brand every day, and it is not always simple. (Harvard Business Review)
• Ok, I have two of the four of these strategies nailed on the regular for long life longevity, but how long will I live without being plant-based and managing stress by gardening? (Well + Good)
• How much do we really know about the background landscape of the Mona Lisa? (All Things Interesting)
*When you buy an item, I receive a small commission to help support my blog, but you won’t pay any extra.