Daily Dose 3.26.23
This weekend was so special! Not only am I celebrating my best friend Krista’s baby shower, but I also got to show off my baking skills with these delicious Soft Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies! I mean, who needs store-bought when you can whip up some homemade goodness?
I spent countless hours searching for the perfect sugar cookie recipe, and let me tell you, I hit the jackpot with this one! I made a few adaptations to the original which made them even more scrumptious. I’m not saying I’m a pro at this baking thing, but I definitely feel like I’m getting there. Shoutout to all the cookie gurus out there who make royal icing sugar cookies look like a piece of cake – seriously, how do you do it? I would spend hours being hypnotized by sugar cookie decorating videos!
This is my third attempt at royal icing cooking decorating and I’m proud to say that I’m finally making some progress. The cookies may not look perfect, but they sure do taste amazing, and that’s all that matters!
I can’t wait to celebrate Baby Keegan with Krista and Dexter. It’s going to be a day filled with love, laughter, and of course, lots of yummy treats!
Roll the Credits,
Prime Cuts of the Week
• I am all about traveling for the sake of good eats. Here’s some of the best cities with the best eats. (Travel & Leisure)
• If travel makes you equally as happy as it makes me, here’s where people are the happiest. (Timeout)
• Is Ozempic the new injectable eating disorder? (The New Yorker)
• On the days I feel my attention span dwindling, I need to remember this. (Fatherly)
• I was able to attend mass at Notre Dame Cathedral in 2005 and I wish I knew more about it’s fascinating construction. (BigThink)
*When you buy an item, I receive a small commission to help support my blog, but you won’t pay any extra.